Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Family Frenzy

About twice a week I wonder why God chose to place me in the family that He did. I really feel now more than ever a drastic difference between me and most family members. My favorite person on this earth is in my family, though, and I wonder if she is the reason why I was placed here. My little sister has such a fun-filled, light-hearted spirit. Although she has been through turmoil and rage, she continues to rise above and brush her shoulders off. It's unbelievable what some people see as normal and others would see as completely unacceptable violence. When I feel so helpless, I remember that we are but breaths of life in God's hand, and that He is in complete control. It would seem like a hopeless situation without God, but I know that she is His child and He can do more than I could ever do to protect her. A good friend recently asked me if I believed in God because of what I had been through in my lifes: the major pits. I don't believe you have to be down in the dumps to search for God or for any religion; I know that God gives me hope when I am down there. And when He puts me on the mountain tops, I praise Him for those, too, knowing that every moment on this earth is a gift from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment