Monday, October 19, 2009

Day at the Library


The library system in Oconee County South Carolina isn't exactly state of the art, but I was excited to know that the library finally has wireless internet. The library is only open for three hours on Sunday, so my wonderful fiancee dropped me off at the library to do my homework. We're now sharing a car, which hasn't been trouble at all. In fact, I really enjoy sharing something that is so necessary to our lives now with someone so special. It may sound cheesy, but never has anyone been so deeply involved in my life and my heart that I would ever trust them or be trusted with such a venture. It's good for us and also good for the environment. We are taking steps to make life simpler together rather than so complicated and stressful. It's quite wonderful. The fun part is I get to wait outside the library where apparently all the other teenagers get to wait for their rides. As I was waiting next to the flagpole, I noticed a bunch of scribblings on the flagpole...something I have never noticed before in my life. The photo I took was with my cell phone camera (which I'm just happy to have after dropping the phone in my smoothie recently). I didn't realize kids cared about classic rock stars anymore...does Janis Joplin even have a Facebook page or songs on Guitar Hero? I got a little bit excited and hopeful for the new generations, probably just as people did when went through my classic rock stage in my late teens (although I still think CCR would be my desert island album). I still see their writings on the flagpole as found art, regardless of the amount of profanity. Kids are crying out, searching for a voice. It makes me interested to see what I will find the next time I'm waiting for my ride, especially if he drops me off at the movies to watch the next Twilight movie...by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment