Wednesday, November 25, 2009

too good to keep for myself: Muthafucka with Cup-Holders

I woke this morning to hear a moving truck backing into our back driveway, a 4-driveway-wide plot of land on which the 4 tenants each have 1 parking space. We live in the back, upstairs apartment.

“Beep, beep, beep,” made the truck, in reverse – the alarm clock for the partially employed househusband.

Our neighbor – a bald-headed, pot-bellied, always red-in-the face middle-aged man who speaks in rapid fire 20-word long sentences in under 3 seconds per sentence – was driving the truck and a friend/co-worker must have been waving his hands directing him for the back-in. I didn’t get up to check, but I could tell because they were talking to each other as if from outside the vehicle.

Baldy, whom I like very much – don’t get me wrong – the above was just a description, yells over to his friend/co-worker, “For $200, that muthafucka had cup-holders and everything.”

I got up, found my notepad and pen in the closet, and wrote down his quote. Mostly because I wasn’t sure it had really happened.

It made me realize that, on more than one occasion, interesting things on the fringe of reason that you would never expect to hear in real life – might not have actually been the average nonsensical dream fragment – these things might have really happened.

Things like someone actually talking about the above-said muthufucka with cup-holders.

~Courtesy of my favorite California househusband

No comments:

Post a Comment