Thursday, January 13, 2011

Gracie Girl, me, or the trash...

My employment, as of late, has been substitute teaching. Middle school, high school, intermediate school. But today is day four of school cancellations due to snow and ice and I'm nearly finished reading Tolstoy's Anna Karenina. It has been a treasure to read, although it's the second time I've had to renew at the library. So this morning I decided I would sit and read and drink tea and enjoy the morning light through the pine trees. Which I did. Yet I kept smelling an awful smell. Our eldest dog, Gracie Girl, is known for acquiring the 'old dog stench' yet I could not tell if it was her...or me. Yes, snow days are the best. A sniff test resulted it was neither of us but the trash. Hey, it's cold outside and apparently neither I nor hubby wanted to venture out in it to take out the trash. Anyway, it was quite comical and a relief to know that at least Gracie and I aren't that stinky. Now back to Tolstoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment